Do You Have Hot And Cold Spots in Your Home?
Have you ever felt like it’s summer in the kitchen and winter in the bedroom? If you’re experiencing different seasons depending on where you are in your Rolesville, NC home, you’re not alone. If you’re tired of putting a sweater on only to take it off as you move around your home, then read on for solutions to hot and cold spots in your home.
Why Do I Have Hot And Cold Spots?
The reason your Rolesville home has vexing hot or cold spots can range from something as simple as forgetting to open vents or registers to something significant such as an under- or over-sized HVAC system. Hot and cold spots can also stem from many other reasons:
- Your ductwork isn’t tightly sealed.
- A room addition is placing extra demand on your system.
- Your ductwork or house isn’t well insulated.
- A dirty air filter is blocking proper airflow.
- Your thermostat is malfunctioning or in the wrong location.
- Your HVAC system doesn’t allow for zoning.
What Is Zoning?
Zoning is the ability to maintain different temperatures in different “zones” throughout your home. A zoned HVAC system allows you to set one temperature for the bedroom and another for the family room.
Ductless AC: An Energy-efficient Solution
Inconsistent heating and cooling might be common, but that doesn’t mean that you have to live with it. In many cases, an ideal solution for those pesky hot and cold spots is ductless air conditioning. Ductless AC solves the uneven temperature problem in several ways:
- Eliminates ductwork problems that cause spotty temperatures
- Eliminates the 30 percent energy loss associated with ductwork
- Provides the zoning that allows customized comfort
- Extends AC to room additions at a reasonable cost
- Saves you money on energy bills
Dealing with fluctuating temperatures isn’t a lost cause. For more information about how ductless air conditioning can improve the comfort in your Rolesville home, check out the ductless AC services we offer at Alford Mechanical or call 919-246-5265.
You May Also Like
As we approach winter in Youngsville, NC, it’s important to ensure that your boiler is dependable. You may prevent unforeseen disruptions in… Continue Reading 4 Signs You Need Boiler Repairs in Youngsville, NC…
Pet dander and fur from your furry friends significantly impact your HVAC system’s efficiency. Therefore, homeowners in Bunn, NC who own pets… Continue Reading 3 Ways Pet Owners in Bunn, NC Can Maintain Their HVAC System…
During the summer your heat pump is extra busy trying to regulate indoor temperatures, control humidity levels, and clean the indoor air.… Continue Reading 3 Common Summertime Heat Pump Problems in Franklin County, NC…